Anne Allred Abdicates Anchorship, Signs in St. Louis

7News morning anchor Anne Allred is done at the NBC-affil.  The six-year veteran reported on her Twitter that she had accepted a job in St. Louis.

“After 6 yrs at #7news I am moving on to work in my hometown of St. Louis at #KSDK I am forever grateful to all the viewers. I’ll miss Bos!!”

After arriving on Bulfinch Place in 2006 from the ABC and Fox duopoly in Columbus, Ohio, Allred was quickly promoted to weekday mornings.  Along with fellow former-weekender Adam Williams, Allred oversaw the expansion of the morning newscast as well as the addition of a third anchor.

No word on her start date in St. Louis.

You may also like...

36 Responses

1. db says:

Thought that was the case on Friday when I heard the news. First dylan dryer and now anne allread! Time to change over to channel 5 with Randy Price, JC, & Dorothy!

Anne is what made the morning show work along with Dylan on the weather. No issue with CLAM or Adam…but it’s not going to be the same.

2. Mari says:

Who will replace Anne?

3. Joe says:

Hoping Sarah French gets a chance. She’d be a great choice to replace Anne.

4. Louis says:

Great career move Anne moving from the morning anchor in the number 6 market to some place in the number 23 market. Dylan Dreyer and Francis Riveria moved to the number 1 market NYC.

5. AJ Buruca says:

Louis, Boston is number 7. Anne also stated that she moved for personal reasons.

6. Rob says:

It’d be nice if you could provide us with the November ratings book.

7. Rob says:

Any ratings?

8. Tom Litrenta says:

Anne will be missed but career moves are the nature of her business. A suggestion for management, bring back Caterina!!

9. Peter says:

Dec 3,2012…..My last morning of watching channel 7 morning news….no Dylan or Ann, Barbie Doll, Ms French just dosen’t cut it first thing in a morning…..

10. David says:

BTVN When will the November Sweeps Ratings for the Boston TV News Stations be released? I have not seen any numbers in the Boston Herald yet When they do come out it would be great if you could post them here

• Dan says:

They were released 1+ weeks ago…I agree, the ratings here would be great…the only thing I’ve heard is that the EyeOpener had a solid win in mornings as usual

• Rob says:

I agree…this site is useless nowadays. Used to be great back in the day. We haven’t seen ratings actually posted here in about a year and a half. Not even worth reading this site. Really disappointing how far downhill this site has gone since Max P. left.

11. Kathy says:

Anne Allred was the best Boston has had to offer since Natalie Jacobsen (channel 5). We enjoyed her intelligent reporting, her wit and her sense of humor. She, Adam, and Dylan had great chemistry. Did Channel 7 do all they could to keep her or were they clueless as to the value of Anne and this team? I’m watching CNN from now on.

12. Louis says:

Must say that I love the new 7 morning anchor team of Sarah French, Nancy Chen, Kayna Withmore and JR on the weather. 7 Should have made this change years ago. This will be ratings gold.

13. Bill says:

Ch7 had a good thing going with Anne, Dylan and Adam who all had great chemistry together. I guess when Dylan left ch7 Annie decided it was time as well. Adam must have been bumming! By the way who the hell does Dylan’s makeup on the today show…they could take some advice from ch7′s makeup person…I think they have hurt her looks if you can believe that??? Dylan is smokin’ but she just looks harsher…I guess and she is such a soft nice person, ch7 had her makeup perfect. I could care about someones makeup but Dylan just looked so different the first time I saw her on Today it made me realize what a difference it can make…

14. Bill says:

I think Louis works for Ch7???
    Sarah French will be good but for the rest…BLAHHHHH!!!

Why does every station in Boston(mostly Ch7) hire someone either from the south or who talks from the back of their throat lately??? The new brunette on ch7(not even listed on their website) caws from the back of her throat and seems from the south and the newest guy their too Bran Don Gun noe…he sounds southern and clucks when he talks “I’m Bran Don Gun Noe”. The cross between Forrest Gump and Al Gore in sound….”Life is like a box of cho co lates!” Sorry 7 they are both probably very nice but hire locally if you can.
    I sound like a “northern yankee” and that is not my intent at all just noticed serious accents.. Ch7 has no loyalty anyways I would call them the turnstyle station… Even Harvey left 7 albeit to help Dickie but he left I am sure without reservation. Ch5 is very loyal and ch4 somewhat but they cleaned house as well…I am glad Jack and Barry are still on WBZ ch4.

15. Bill says:

P.S.S. I have noticed tons on new media people now talk so much from the back of their throats…even the annoying little kid pretending to be a news anchor on the Toys R US
    commercial announcing Christmas Sales…That ad drives me crazy…Anyone else??

16. Bill says:

This was on boston.com/globe

WCVB tops news ratings for 4th straight quarter

By Johnny Diaz
    Globe Staff / November 25, 2010

Channel 5 is ending the year with a ratings bang.

WCVB-TV claimed the most viewers in the November competitive race, the fourth straight quarterly sweeps period in which the ABC affiliate captured the biggest news audience in Boston — except at 10 p.m., when it does not have a newscast.

In recent years, the station has generally dominated only the early-morning, midday, and early-evening newscasts, with either WHDH-TV (Channel 7) or WBZ-TV (Channel 4) commanding the 11 p.m. news race.

Preliminary ratings for November sweeps, which ended last night, show WCVB continuing to pull ahead of its competitors for total viewers and in key demographics. The final numbers, which are used to help set advertising rates, will include last night’s tally and will be available by Nielsen Co. Monday.

Bill Fine, WCVB’s president and general manager, was pleased with his station’s performance, particularly in the highly lucrative 11 p.m. newscast. WCVB won the time slot with 173,000 viewers, up 20 percent from a year ago. WBZ ranked second, with 143,000 viewers.

“Although all newscasts are important, the 11 p.m. and 6 p.m. newscasts are still considered the newscasts of record,’’ Fine said.

The November sweeps were the first with four local 4:30 a.m. newscasts in competition. The numbers reveal a population of early birds hungry for traffic, weather, and news in the predawn hours.

In that time slot, WCVB led with 25,000 total viewers, followed by WFXT-TV (Channel 25) with 17,000, WBZ with 13,000, and NECN with 5,000. WHDH does not have a 4:30 newscast.

WCVB also benefited from strong ABC network ratings performances in Boston. Last week’s Tuesday night episode of “Dancing With the Stars,’’ for example, drew 504,000 viewers locally, the third-most-watched local program that week. “The Oprah Winfrey Show,’’ in its last season, has also resurged in ratings at 4 p.m., delivering more viewers to WCVB’s 5 p.m. newscast, which had 166,000 viewers this month, up 10,000 from last November.

“Oprah in the final year has certainly captured more attention,’’ Fine said.

WFXT also had some bragging rights, leading at 10 p.m. with 102,400 total viewers. Second was WLVI-TV (Channel 56), with 45,100. WLVI has been growing steadily among 25- to 54-year-olds at that hour.

“We’ve made significant gains against our competition,’’ said Chris Wayland, general manager of WHDH and WLVI.

Johnny Diaz can be reached at jodiaz@globe.com

17. J. C. says:

Chanel 7 had a good morning group that could draw viewers with their great personalities. Dylan made the move for Weekends on Today, maybe they are lining her up to replace Al in the future. Anne moved closer to home, some say it was because her father is not in good health. Wish them luck.
    Hope Adam stays on. Anne is not listed on the station site out west yet.

18. Rob says:

Have you seen the new 7news TINE format?? 3 anchors at the desk!

19. mike says:

Just an fyi st louis listed as #23 market but has one of highest ratings of all nbc affiliates

20. Louis says:

Two quick thoughts.

One, has anyone seen Linda Ergas, haven’t seen her in a long time has she left 7?

Second, watched Allred on KSDK online. What a waste of talent, she anchors for half an hour maybe on camera 7 minutes her co-anchor is Ron Burgundy. I am not kidding. She looked very uncomfortable no co-anchor banter. After the sign off they picked up their scripts and walkoff the set no conversation.

21. Jim says:

Louis,

Just finished watching on line. Unfortunately I have to agree with you. No wit or smile that we were use to on 7. The guy is a stiff but they acted like it they ignore her she would go away. They are definatly not friendly to her at all. You have to feel for her.

22. Michelle says:

Anne said she left for personal family reasons. Someone above said it was because her father was ill. Have to accept this for her reason after watching her two evenings in St. Louis. My friend and I felt taken a back at the way they treat her. She doesn’t smile and seems to have lost her spirit. Family reasons are the only things I can think of that would cause her to trade Adam Williams and Boston for what she is enduring at that stations. I know that broadcast journalism is a had business but there is no reason for them to be so cold to her. She looked miserable.

23. rick says:

DAM SHAME, I NO LONGER WATCH CHANNEL 7 ………… Anne made it happen… YOU SHOULD HAVE DOUBLED HER OFFERS IDIOT MANAGEMENT AT CHANNEL 7

24. Leonard says:

St. Louis is an hour behind us. Had to look at her twitter to find out when she is on.Noticed that she has not been added to the KSDK website yet. Is she only freelance? not permanent. Usually would not make this comment but she doesn’t look good much thinner then when in Boston.

25. Michelle says:

OMG I thought the same thing but didn’t want to say. I hope she is not sick. She really looked very thin to me especially in the face.

26. Jeff says:

I agree…….Anne, Dylan, and Adam were great. Channel 7 will have hard time duplicating that team. I met them once at Remy’s on the waterfront. Great people.

27. Lola says:

You people live in Boston. Don’t you have anything better to do then pine away for Anne? Get a life. And Tom Brady sucks.

28. Joe says:

Anne’s contract was not renewed. Get over Anne.

29. Joe says:

Anne’s contract was not renewed.

30. Louis says:

Look Anne Allred has been gone six month get over her. She gave an interview in a St Louis paper you can read it online. She says she was trying for over a year to get out of Boston. Tried to get jobs in Chicago, NY and the network, ended up getting hired in her home town on some back water station where she co-anchors the news for a half hour a day, watched it one night. Remined me of my high school station . Amateur small town news.
    She wanted out of Boston and now wines on Twitter how much she misses Boston. Pathetic

31. Jim says:

Louis, I found the article online that you mentioned. I was surpised by it. I was a fan of Anne when she was in Boston. You can not ask someone who was oviously as miserable and unhappy as she was in Boston to stay. I didn’t know that she was trying to leave for over a year. Anne says on Twitter that she is very happy and engaged to get married so I wish her well. Not everybody loves Boston I guess.